Saturday, December 25, 2010

DAY TEN

Today I spent 8.5 hours in a coach/bus on the way back to Christchurch.

I spent most of the day admiring the scenery and catching up on sleep on the bus. We stopped through Lake Tekapo and I admired the view one last time.



Since not much happened today, I’ll speak a bit about traveling as a raw vegan.

Most of you know that I am a raw vegan- that is, I don’t eat any animal products or cooked food. I mainly eat fruit and some greens and some nuts. I have eaten this way for over 2.5 years and I have never felt better. It feels so natural and I feel connected to the Earth when I eat this way. Anyways, you can imagine that it may be a little tricky traveling and finding enough fruit to eat… because let me tell you, I eat a LOT of fruit!

Firstly, I believe that if you want something bad enough, you will always find a way to do it. There is fruit everywhere. I typically seek out what is in season in the area and base my diet from that food, since in-season fruit is always the freshest and most delicious. In New Zealand, my fruit of choice was golden kiwis (as mentioned in a couple earlier posts. I literally ate over 30 a day. My second food of choice was cherries, which were growing locally in Queenstown:

At first I was a bit worried about finding enough fruit to eat since I was traveling alone and didn’t know where anything was. Upon arrival, I found that finding fruit shops was easy. I bought fruit and my mind was at ease. When I traveled to Queenstown I passed this on the way and knew I’d be okay:

I love the way the fruit diet makes me feel and nothing can stop me from finding enough fruit to stay energetic and happy. Not even traveling. In fact, the variety of different fruits that are introduced to my diet through traveling is actually quite exciting. =)

1 comment:

  1. Love the fruit's picture !
    I have found too that fruits are very easy to find when you love them, they sometimes appear nearly in a magic way !

    ReplyDelete