Monday, April 11, 2011

NEW DRAWING

The other day I went to Uni with a to-do list. I ended up doing NOTHING on my to-do list, and instead, creating a drawing that took over 14 hours!!! I finally finished at 3am. Here are a few pictures of the process:

I start with a simple line drawing
...and then I shade everything in with charcoal!
over half way done!
THE FINAL RESULT:

ARTIST STATEMENT:

This piece is a response to the topic we were given in my printmaking class:
THE OBJECT RECONSTRUCTED

I chose the clock as my object because I am fascinated by the idea of time. It has been said that time is Einstein's unfinished revolution, and there are so many questions to be answered: Who created time? What is time? Why does time slow in gravity and motion? Is time a dimension? Can we stop time? And, of course, Does time even exist?

There is so much unknown information about time. In my eyes, time is a mysterious dimension... a parallel universe. After doing exhaustive scientific research, and questioning the existence of time, I decided to take a step back and relate this topic back to nature. It was then that I realized that nature defines time through growth. Spirals, tree rings, and rock layers are nature’s clocks.



What do you think!?

annnnnd.... you can now purchase prints of this piece in various sizes, along with greeting cards HERE, or by clicking the picture below:

Photography Prints

2 comments: